Sunday, May 11, 2014

Mother's Day....my favorite day.



Happy Mother’s Day to all!

My son lives on the west coast and many people say, “Don’t you miss him since he lives so far away?  Giving this much thought, I say, “No” because I see my son everyday and everywhere.

I see him in the affectionate smiles of a pregnant woman as she rubs her belly unconsciously. 

I see him in the sparkling eyes of an infant who stares at his mother in church. 

I hear my son’s voice in the unmistakable babbling of “da da da” as a child reaches for a toy in the supermarket aisle.

I see my son in the morning sunlight and can distinctly hear him on my side of the bed saying, “Come on mom let’s play and be quiet cause we don’t want to wake dad.”

I see my son playing at the beach with a serious look on his face as he piles wet sand into his bucket attempting the architecture of a lifetime.

I see my son catching leaves in the backyard; making up some complicated game and talking quietly to himself.

I see my son going on his first date with trepidation and excitement.

I see my son staring at the evening sky waiting for a meteor with patience and enthusiasm.

I see my son escaping high school with his mother for a Star Trek movie.

I see my son in every skateboarder that goes by.

I see my son in London, Paris, Greece, Turkey and Costa Rica and, most importantly, in our backyard.

I see my son in every handsome young face unblemished by life’s trials.

I see my son as a man; good, wise, and reverent to all.

I see my son as a husband, caring and loving with eyes of admiration for his wife.

I see my son everywhere in all that is good and kind.  I don’t miss my son because he is far away; I have him with me everyday and always.

3 comments:

  1. What a beautiful tribute to your son & to the happiness you've found in motherhood. Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I shared this post with my kids as I loved it.
    I see our Amanda left you a comment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This gave me goosebumps, thanks for the insight on a mother's love.

    (Mrs. Corners' son Benjamin)

    ReplyDelete