Thursday, April 16, 2015

It’s in the genes…happiness that is



How do you start again?  How do you recover from life’s atrocities and go forward.  It takes a lot of work because forgetting is not an option and we all have to move forward, don’t we?

Human beings are so complex; give me a good dog any day, no muss no fuss:  walk me, feed me, play with me, and love me; repeat daily.  Humans have a hard time loving and being loved; our personal flaws are deep and striking and we wear our pain on our faces and in our hearts, especially as we age; but I see some, a few lucky ones, who always seem to rebound and I ask myself, how do they do it?

Everyone has difficult choices to make in life and the longer you walk this earth the more obvious it is but it’s the circumstances that are thrown at us like boulders of despair that you must leap over or work around that make life so dangerously complex.  My mother always said, “God only gives you what you can handle,” but I’ve always hated that phrase and to be honest I have always resented it.

I am doing some personal calculations for improvement now; looking to make changes in my life that will bring me happiness on a more consistent basis.  I want to feel healthy (I’ve got a ways to go there); I want to wake up after a good night’s sleep unmedicated with a smile on my face (this will take plenty of effort); I want to feel deserved of the love I do have from my husband and my family (I am more successful at this goal, so far); and I want to live and love like my dog (less complicated, more loving, and perky). 

Yes, my role model for change is based on my Zeffy my pupper.  He is appreciative of all contact with Joe and I; shows constant love and affection.  Zeffy is always near one of us, touching us, kissing us, wagging his tail in appreciation and joy.  He is protective of us, happy to see us each morning without exception and grateful for any love and time we give him.

So I have figured it out; happiness is in the genes but we need to reactivate our happiness genes because they been dormant too long.  I have my role model, who is yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment