Saturday, May 28, 2011

Day 14: I am a love machine, la DE dah

AARP put out an article about the top 6 things that will increase happiness for the "older set" so I decided to read it carefully before releasing my blog today.  Can't say I disagree with anything they have said (and that's a first, I might add).  The number one event?  Get a pet.


Now, pretty much, my entire life I have been closely associated with dogs and cats, mostly dogs but my current child, Zeffy, is unlike any other I have ever lived with.


This is Zeffy




Zeffy looks a lot like Falcor, the luck dragon, from "The Never Ending Story."  He is a runt toy poodle whose legs are way too short, ears are way too long, who plays CONSTANTLY, and who is a love machine in every sense of the word.


This is Falcor

Can you see the resemblance? In the movie, Falcor was a savior of Atreyu, the hero in the story.  In real life, Zeffy is a savior of me, the hero in my story.  Zeffy is all about love and affection.  He laughs at all of my jokes; he's sad when I'm sad (for about 30 milliseconds) and he's all about loving me every minute of everyday.  What is the price of this neverending love?  An occasional greenie, food, water, and toys, lots of toys.


Zeffy has a few rituals that he must complete everyday (it comes from living with me, an obsessive compulsive but in a good way).  Each morning when Joe and I wake up, Zeffy emerges from his warm, toasty cocoon under the covers right between the two of us  (how he sleeps under the covers and breathes is a mystery to us).  If he espies an open eye on either of us; he charges our faces for immediate kisses and tail wagging.


Zeffy is a great sleeper and easily posts 10-12 hours per day of relaxation and dream events but when he is aware we are "stirring", he wakes on cue, shakes his fur to plump his ears mostly, and then charges the face and I mean at breakneck speed (it has to be face, no other part of us will do) and plants a minimum of 150 wet kisses anywhere on the face he can reach.


Zeffy is a love machine.  He smiles, kisses, and then waits patiently for his day to begin.  Even though Joe and I always and I mean always greet each other with a warm smile, hugs and kisses each day; how can we compare with this wild abandon measure of love from Zeffy?


Everyone should have a Zeffy to make them happy, do you?




No comments:

Post a Comment