Friday, June 3, 2011

Day 20: Happiness is a Warm Gun

Happiness is a warm gun


Traveling can bring about the worst in anyone, especially me.  I am usually so on top of things and fairly organized (who am I kidding; I’m the definition of anal retentive when it comes to planning a project.)

“She’s not a girl who misses much…”

 Most people would say that organization is one of my strong suits (size 8 please).  I try to manage the information I need, make my lists, check them twice (thanks Santa for your example).  But since we move large quantities of our life goods twice a year, I am still learning how not to bring the kitchen sink to a house that already has one.  I have thought of photographing my things so I could see what was there (at the other place) and then I would bring less…uh no, that doesn’t work.

Now Joe is better than I am at this.  He is a man of simple pleasures, and even simpler clothing needs but I am the one with the bigger closet and the fear of not having just the right piece of clothing that I obviously left at the other address is too much to bare (pun, yes?).

“Lying with his eyes while his hands are busy
Working overtime” Joe packed the car so he could still see out the back, yes, it is that bad.  Being without my favorite piece of clothing or running outfit is impossible to imagine and yet I still bring more each year to cover that possibility.

“I need a fix 'cause I'm going down
Down to the bits that I left uptown
I need a fix cause I'm going down”

Or, actually, it is up to New York.  Either way, my personal items are a happiness fix for me, maybe you understand?

“Happiness (is a warm gun)
Bang Bang Shoot Shoot

Yes it is, gun!
Happiness (is a warm gun)
Bang Bang Shoot Shoot

Happiness (is a warm gun)
is a warm gun, yeeeaahhh!”

Well if Joe doesn’t shoot me for this each year (both times) I think we have a real chance at happiness.  I hope so because this man knows how to pack a car.  Baby you can drive my car….now I digress.

No comments:

Post a Comment