Saturday, June 18, 2011

Day 35: I am a puzzle, solve me...

I am a puzzle, we all are, a composite drawing in at least four dimensions (counting time as a factor) created piece by piece, molded by the people and experiences we encounter throughout our lifetime.  My puzzle is a lot like yours,  its made of good and bad feelings, bright moments and dark days; touched by encounters, those who stayed with us; those who left us.

Most puzzles have a picture front but their pieces really tell the story, don’t they.  Have you ever noticed how so many pieces are similar in shape and size; these represent the common experiences in our lives.  Other shapes are odd, unusual in size, color and shape and these represent the significant moments.

My puzzle has so many pieces and represents a long and full lifetime of experiences.  The ones I choose to remember are the best of course; these are the ones that require the most smiles and sighs of contentment.

Some of my puzzle pieces are:  The day my son was born and he took my breath away, the day Joe came to my door and I saw his handsome face, the day I picked up Zeffy in my arms, the day I met Jim on the second floor of the dorm, my first day in college, my arrival in Poland, my first kiss, my first day working as a teacher, playing horsey with my sister, walking through Ephesus with my family; everything about Florence and the Ponte Vecchio, Rome, Costa Rica, Greece; the day at the oracle at Delphi.

Now I do realize that not all puzzles are jigsaw or picture puzzles and we can carry this theme easily into other types: our lives are clearly anagrams as we rearrange the letters of our lives day by day; or crossword puzzles where one day or moment is dependent upon another for completion; how about maze puzzles where we can be so easily lost or misdirected as we travel the path.

Life may be a riddle; we may be puzzles in process but remember why we seek to play with puzzles.  Puzzles are challenging, brain exciters, that lead us astray on purpose to make the moment more exciting than before. 

I like being a puzzle; I choose to examine my intricate pieces and to enjoy the placement of each and every one.    I know like many puzzlers, I will put the outside pieces together before I fill in the middle because it is easier.  I’ll try not to get confused by pieces that look alike or ones that are nondescript because they are equally as important as the unique ones.
I’ll do my best to solve the puzzle and enjoy the final result...me.

No comments:

Post a Comment