Thursday, July 7, 2011

Day 54: Happiness is a form of courage. ~Holbrook Jackson—“and takes some planning at times” (me)

Let me tell you that it takes courage to be happy and detail it in a public writing forum. This leaves an opportunity for critique from others as they examine my statements and reflect on my experiences. Armchair thinkers are always at the ready to examine the work of others and present their views, especially negative ones. Although I receive more positive feedback than negative; it’s important to look at both sides as I continue my writing journey.

I think you have to look for joy in the small day to day circumstances as well as the larger passages of your life but most of my writings were, in fact, reflective rather than projective into the future. Today, I am going to look for my “forward happiness” instead.  I am going to plan future happiness options instead of using the process of reflection.

In planning my day I need to formulate what will make me happy.  I have decided on the following:

  •    No running today because I have an injury so I will walk instead.  This means I need to plan and download some new music for my IPod so I am happy walking and not encouraged to run (this is difficult but not impossible)
  •          I am going to update my iPad with new and updated apps; it’s always fun to see what’s new for the amazing iPad
  •         Hit the beach after my walk and soak up the sun; bought a new bathing suit which is both mature and flattering at the same time… can’t wait to wear it!
  •    Try on some old clothes later on and defrock my closet of useless items (this always makes me feel good since most of the clothes are too large now and reaffirm my significant weight loss.)
  •    Plan a spicy dinner; may be something new and intricate;  I love cooking new dishes
  •    Take my car to the car wash and make it look brand new…


Most of us make lists for the day so this idea is nothing new.  What is out of the ordinary is what is on my list; it’s all about me and what I want to do to make myself feel joyful Happiness can be planned and given a boost to ensure a better result for any individual.  Be happy today, make plans to give yourself what you deserve and need, it works!

No comments:

Post a Comment