Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Day 59: Obstacles are just stuff to get around

We all hit snags and obstacles in our lives; some are large and unforgiving, others are more reasonable and practice for the larger ones.  Regardless, we all have multiple blockages to our daily life sequence.

I think most hurdles are there for a reason… rehearsal for the future.  Without preparation, life can be daunting and problematic but with a little life training, you can accomplish your goals and meet the challenges of life.

I have seen many kids grow up around me in m y job of education and I always worried about those who seemed to have a gifted existence.  God will always hand you a bill sooner or later and the more opportunity you have with difficulties in life, the more you can handle the big bill when it arrives.

Like many people with a harsh upbringing, I lamented my status in life and wondered why “this was happening to me.”  Now, though, I realize that the “training” I received was a thorough one for handling what comes forward in my life.  There is always some positive to every situation and sometimes it is difficult to discern the “goodness” until much later.  I am a case in point.  Life has taught me so many lessons, some I have learned well and others yet to be absorbed.  Each lesson has a moral or conclusion that needs to be examined.  At this point in my life, I have the luxury to reflect and see the effectiveness of my personal education and it serves me well.

I have learned several crucial aspects to life:
         
Some people never learn from their mistakes and are doomed to repeat these behaviors over and over ad nauseum
          If you live another day, the world will seem kinder and more reasonable regardless of how harsh life was to you the day before
          People recognize the value of those individuals who are veterans of complicated life scenarios since we all have difficulties at some point and we tend to value those with genuine experience
          Life is more understandable to those who have suffered and learned from their suffering
          It is better to have the opportunity to learn from your mistakes at an earlier point in life than later especially if you have loved ones around you to guide you through the issue

Obstacles are worthy opponents who are placed in our path to strengthen our resolve. Without them, we are only surface dwellers who never truly understand the value of life and tend to take it for granted.  I never thought I’d say this but I am happy for the depth and breadth of my life.  

1 comment:

  1. "I never thought I’d say this but I am happy for the depth and breadth of my life"

    I'm really so happy to hear this! You know, Pam, I never had a clue that you didn't have a wonderful childhood. You always had a huge smile for everyone and were so kind and funny. I really enjoy reading your blog and see a lot of myself in many of your posts. :)

    ReplyDelete