Sunday, July 17, 2011

Day Whatever: What is perception?

Although we rely heavily on our perceptions to know what we feel; our perceptions may be flawed and thus our reactions may be equally imperfect.  If you want to be happy, you have to know when happiness touches you; you must be based in the common reality of your environment; which means you may have to defy your own perceptions sometimes to do this.

I have been writing this blog for a while and I have gotten a number of encouraging comments but I stopped writing thinking that my “blogation” was becoming a non-entity unto itself.  Although I received many encouraging remarks, I thought people were being “kind” and I was becoming a verbal blog pest with my daily emails.  My perception told me this.

My perception is based on my self-image and when your self-image is flawed with negative voices (my own totally) the result is negative perceptions and possibly unsound responses to issues.  I am happy to report that I received so many positive and encouraging responses from my readers that I have decided to resume the blog.

It is always good to verify your perceptions with others; to bounce ideas and concepts off of others to ensure that you are on the right track; in the common vernacular so-to-speak; in touch with reality.  I started this blog to train the negative voices in my head to think better about my self concept and I fell right into my own mental trap.

This is what we all need to understand; we don’t know how we are perceived by others because we have our own layers of misunderstanding blocking the voices and perceptions of others.  It’s a lot like hearing yourself sing.  You think you are in tune, you think your voice is “nice”.  You may be totally off key.  I guess my perceptions were off key this time.

Thank you to all who encouraged me to restart this blog; (too many to thank); It has been officially recommenced. The truth is, I like writing this blog and enjoy reflecting on what I feel and sharing my real self with those who read it.  It actually makes me happy…

2 comments:

  1. Glad you are back!!! What a great birthday present!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everyone needs a break sometimes. You're doing hard work.

    ReplyDelete